- 1 lb. chicken breasts or tenderloins
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 red pepper, loosely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, loosely chopped
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups of brown rice
- light sour cream or extra salsa for toppings
- In a crockpot, place all ingredients except the rice, sour cream, or extra salsa.
- Mix, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Switch the heat to warm for any additional time.
- Cook the brown rice. While cooking, shred the chicken in the crockpot and stir.
- Serve in a bowl with brown rice and the chicken chili on top.
- Top with additional salsa or sour cream if desired.