What are the common snacks in your workplace? Chips and candy from the vending machine? Morning donuts that someone so thoughtfully bought on their way into work? Baked goods that little elves leave in the kitchen or break room? It’s so hard to be good (healthy!) when the people around you are eating and sharing all of those sinful foods.
Thought I’d share some of the things I eat at work to get me through the day. I don’t really like the word snack. It feels like a bad word that is automatically associated with bad snacking (chips, cookies, and candy). I try to plan ahead for
snacks smaller meals at work because I get hungry between my main meals. I always keep a few options in my office so that I can feed hunger and cravings in the healthiest way possible. Here are some of my recommendations:
- Greek yogurt (I’m partial to Chobani, especially the mango flavor.) Granola is always a good mix-in.
- Sliced apple with peanut butter and a teaspoon or two of honey mixed in
- Carrots and hummus (shout out to red chili hummus!)
- YumNuts! I love these things. Try them! Great for a chocolate craving, especially if you don’t typically like almonds or cashews.
- Cheerios and raisins mixed in a small baggie (An ode to childhood!)
I’d love to hear your snack suggestions too!